Accountants often use PowerPoint to present financial data to peers, executives, suppliers, and others. It is critical that others understand the impact of the financial analysis so that decisions can be made and the bottom line positively impacted. Audiences want financial professionals to tell them the story behind the numbers, not overwhelm them with spreadsheets. Unfortunately, too often the barrage of numbers is overwhelming to the audience and they leave confused.
This session will show participants a different approach to financial presentations – make it about the message, not the numbers. Participants will learn how to create a structured message with focused content and effective visuals. Many examples from real presentations will be used to demonstrate the ideas.
Who Should Attend
Professionals who use PowerPoint to communicate financial information to others.
- avoid the mistakes audiences say annoys them about financial presentations
- plan your message with a structure that makes it easy to understand
- reduce information overload
- make wise decisions on slide design elements within the boundaries of your corporate template
- use a decision based approach to selecting the best visual for each message
- understand the advantages & disadvantages of different ways to use data from Excel in PowerPoint
Dave Paradi has over twenty years of experience delivering customized training workshops to help business professionals improve their presentations. He has written nine books and over 100 articles on the topic of effective presentations and his ideas have appeared in publications around the world. His focus is on helping corporate professionals visually communicate the messages in their data so they don’t overwhelm and confuse executives. Dave is one of less than ten people in North America recognized by Microsoft with the Most Valuable Professional Award for his contributions to the Excel and PowerPoint communities. He regularly presents highly rated sessions at national and regional conferences of financial professionals.