This is not a basic level Excel or PowerPoint course. You need to come already being familiar with the programs and have intermediate level skills, especially in graphing. If you are comfortable with all the skills in this article/video, you will be adequately prepared for this course.
This is a hands-on seminar with demonstrations using Office 2016 for Windows. Please bring a laptop with Office 2013 or higher for Windows, or Office 2016 or later for Mac. Bring your laptop, power cord, and external mouse if you prefer that to a trackpad.
Too many financial presentations rely on huge spreadsheets or paragraphs of text copied onto slides. Audiences say these overloaded slides confuse them and executives don’t take action when they are unsure of the message. This seminar will help you create visuals – clear, effective graphs in Excel or PowerPoint; diagrams that show comparison of value in new ways; and time-based diagrams - that clearly communicate the message behind the numbers.
Who Should Attend
Professionals who use PowerPoint to communicate financial information to others.
- create graphs in either Excel or PowerPoint that are uncluttered and easy to understand
- create advanced graphs
- add labels and other explanatory text to graphs to make the message clear
- create diagrams that show comparison of values such as proportional shape collections and grouped item comparisons
- create time-based diagrams to show financial processes or information about when certain financial events occur
- add callouts to any visual to focus the audience’s attention (and make sure the callout shape or arrow can be seen no matter the background)
- use builds to focus the attention while you discuss each part of the visual