Do you deliver presentations regularly? Would you like to improve your skills and deliver more effective presentations? If so, I have many books and videos you can use to become better at creating and delivering PowerPoint presentations. My resources are focused on practical advice and ideas you can use immediately.
- GPS for Presentations: A structured approach to planning presentations with a clear message and focused content
Most presenters don’t use a structured approach to planning their presentations. They start by grabbing slides from presentations they and their colleagues have done in the past. They try to organize these slides into a coherent message and struggle to do so. The result is often an overload of information that doesn’t flow well. The ...
- Select Effective Visuals: The Business Professional’s Guide to Selecting and Creating Effective Presentation Visuals
This book contains a three step approach to help business professionals create effective presentation visuals. Step 1 is writing a headline that summarizes the message you want the audience to understand and remember from that slide. Step 2 is to select and create an effective visual for the slide. The book focuses on this step ...
- Present It So They Get It
PowerPoint presentations have a bad reputation today because audiences often leave confused and unsure of what the presenter was trying to communicate. If your audiences aren’t clear on your message and aren’t taking the action you want them to take, there is hope. You can learn how to create effective presentations that the audience will ...
- 102 Tips to Communicate More Effectively Using PowerPoint
You create and deliver presentations regularly. Your success depends on those presentations being effective. You use PowerPoint, but know that you could be more effective. You don’t have time to attend a course and you sure don’t want a thick technical manual. You’d love to find practical, proven tips that you ...
- The Visual Slide Revolution
You’ve had enough of the overloaded text slides that most presenters use. You’ve seen a few people use visuals instead of bullet paragraphs and it is so much more effective. But you figure that you’d need some graphic design training and thousands of dollars of software and equipment to create visuals for your ...
Webinar Recordings & Videos
Member Only Resource Library
When you want to take your learning to the next level, look at the member only resource library. This library contains advanced tutorial videos, pre-made slides you can download, forms to use in planning your presentation and your slides, and much more. Learn more and sign up here.
- American Public Power Association Business and Finance Conference (September 18, 2017; Nashville, TN) As part of the conference, Dave will be presenting a session on Effectively presenting the results of analysis to executives. Get more details and register for the conference here.
- Association for Financial Professionals Annual Conference (October 15-18, 2017; San Diego, CA) As part of the conference, Dave will be presenting a session on Boardroom Ready Presentations. Get more details and register for the conference here.
Recommended Books from Other Authors
- Building PowerPoint Templates Step by step with the experts
When I review slides, I often find poorly constructed templates that cause headaches for presenters as they try to create presentations. How can organizations create templates that work and are easy for presenters to use? This book lays out the step by step process you can follow to create a PowerPoint template that your staff ...