I consider the authors of this book, Echo Swinford and Julie Terberg, to be the two most knowledgeable people on the topic of building PowerPoint templates. For years I have been bugging them to write a book that captures their vast knowledge in simple-to-use steps. Now their book has arrived and you can benefit from their expertise and wisdom. Here is what the back cover says:
Want to create presentations that are more consistent and cost-effective? Presentations that fully reflect your branding? Then don’t settle for Microsoft’s “out-of-the-box” templates and themes: create your own! In this easy, hands-on guide, two PowerPoint MVPs teach you every skill and technique you’ll need to build the perfect template – from planning and design, through theme building, custom layouts, colors, and deployment.
Echo Swinford and Julei Terberg have distilled their immense PowerPoint knowledge into simple, step-by-step techniques you can use right now, whether you’re using PowerPoint 2010 or 2007 for Windows, or PowerPoint 2011 for Mac. Well-built templates are the backbone of great presentations – whether building them for your own use or designing for thousands of users, this book will guide you through the process of creating the most effective templates.
Important Note: Upgrading from older versions of PowerPoint, such as PowerPoint 2003? Your old templates may not longer work. This book will help you make the transition painlessly!
- Plan new templates and themes to maximize their business value for years to come
- Understand the difference between templates and themes, and how they work together
- Make better choices about color, fonts, and slide layouts
- Create efficient templates for individual users, teams, and large organizations
- Incorporate Notes and Handout Masters into your presentation templates
- Provide example slides and default settings that lead to better presentations
- Use Microsoft’s little-known Theme Builder to create effects and background styles
- Work around hidden quirks in PowerPoint’s advanced template and theme features
If you or your organization wants a consistent look to your slides and a template that presenters don't have to fuss with each time they create a presentation, click here now to buy this book on Amazon.