Create effective PowerPoint presentations the audience will understand
Customized training to turn confusing, overloaded PowerPoint presentations into ones with a clear message, focused content, and effective visuals
Your current presentations
Slides overloaded with text and spreadsheets
Unclear message/story leading to confusion
What your presentations can be
A clear message and story
Focused content with easy access to backup details
Effective slides with a headline and clear visual
How my customized training workshops are different:
1. I don't teach presentation skills like how to stand, gesture, or breathe. I don't teach "every feature" basic PowerPoint courses. I teach business professionals how to create a PowerPoint presentation that has a clear message, focused content, and effective visuals.
2. Your staff are learning from a true expert. I am one of sixteen people in North America to be currently recognized by Microsoft with the PowerPoint Most Valuable Professional Award for my contributions to the PowerPoint presentation community. I have written eight books and four Kindle e-books on this subject. I have a degree in Chemical Engineering, and an MBA, so I can understand the details of your presentations and the communication challenges of business professionals.
3. Every workshop is customized to the type of content your team presents. This is not a standard course that is the same regardless of your individual needs.
4. Customized slide makeovers are integral to every workshop. I collect samples from the participants in advance and prepare makeovers so they can see how the ideas apply to the types of information they have to present. This is always the highlight of the workshop.
5. Participants receive a detailed handout of what I cover so they can take notes on how to apply the ideas to their own situation. They also receive all the slide makeovers I show in PowerPoint format after the workshop so they can examine them and use them to build their own slides.
Participants walk out with a new expectation of what an effective PowerPoint presentation looks like and many practical ideas they can apply immediately to improve their presentations. My clients tell me that no one does what I do. Read more about my workshops and then e-mail me or call me at 905-510-4911 so we can discuss how a customized training workshop can help your team.
I found the non-standard graphs (ie. proportional shapes, treemap) to be very useful. I think these can tell a very powerful story on some of the metrics we measure.Rob H.
I will be able to create better PowerPoint presentations and communicate my ideas more effectively. Take a less is more approach: less clutter, more useful information to get the point across.Cristen B.
Without a doubt, the best training I have ever been a part of and I am thankful for the opportunity. I especially liked the integration of our current slides and how Dave would present them differently. Later, he shared with us how we can duplicate them.Andy B.
This session helped me to understand that it's not about the complexity or an ornate design, it's about the goal and message. Simple, clear, focused slides get the job done, often with a better outcome.Kimberly A.
The workshop provided a framework for building a presentation. It showed options for developing slides and good ideas to improve communication.Craig M.
The benefit is twofold: 1) simple tricks that save a lot of time, 2) different options to present the data - simple tools for impressive visuals.Lina L.
Free 24 page e-book: How to Present your Excel data effectively to Executives
How I can help you
Customized workshops to help your team create PowerPoint presentations that have a clear message, focused content, and effective visuals
Books, ebooks, and other resources to further your knowledge
Free resources such as articles, tutorial videos, calculators for visuals, colors, fonts, and much more
- How to get the audience to care about your presentation; Issue #374 October 11, 2016
- Why you can safely ignore most advice for speakers; Issue #373 September 27, 2016
- Headline template for result of analysis; Issue #372 September 13, 2016
- Download free Timelines & Calendars; Issue #371 August 30, 2016
- Showing performance compared to past and budget; Slide Makeover #85