Dave’s media appearances as a PowerPoint presentation expert
Radio, video, newspapers, web, newsletters, and more
- Journal of Emergency Medical Services June 5, 2013
Dave’s book Present It So They Get It was reviewed in the Journal of Emergency Medical Services here.
- Canadian Government Executive June 3, 2013
- The Globe and Mail May 6, 2013
Dave’s advice on creating meaningful slide titles was featured in The Globe and Mail here.
- The Globe and Mail March 18, 2013
Dave’s advice on how to proofread your slides was featured in The Globe and Mail here.
- Review of “Present It So They Get It” January 9 2013
Dave’s book, “Present It So They Get It”, was reviewed by The Globe and Mail, Canada’s leading national newspaper. They concluded, “His book is concise and clear – a winner. Whether you are a regular or occasional speaker, it will help you improve your presentations and cut the confusion that might otherwise doom your efforts.” Read the entire review here.
- Top 35 Presentation Books December 6, 2012
- Business 2 Community website October 18, 2012
Dave is quoted and his Color Contrast Calculator is featured in an article on the Business2Community website here.
- Presentation Xpert Newsletter October 10, 2012
Presentation Xpert newsletter republished Dave’s article on repurposing your PowerPoint presentation as an online video. The article is on their site here.
- The Globe and Mail September 25, 2012
Dave’s advice on how to capture a screen shot from a mobile device was featured in The Globe and Mail here.
- Presentation Xpert Newsletter September 12, 2012
Dave article on limiting the amount of data in financial presentations was published in the Presentation Xpert newsletter here.
- The Globe and Mail July 2, 2012
Dave’s tip on helping color blind people understand a dashboard slide easier was featured in The Globe and Mail here (July 2, 2012)
- Presentation Xpert Newsletter June 12, 2012
Dave’s article on cutting your preparation time with pre-made slides was published in the Presentation Xpert newsletter here.
- The Globe and Mail May 14, 2012
Dave’s tip on using standard fonts so that your text does not get garbled when the presentation is sent to someone else was featured in The Globe and Mail here (May 14, 2012)
- Jobboom magazine March 2012
Dave was interviewed and quoted in an article published in Jobboom magazine in March. The article is here (it is in French).
- The Globe and Mail Jan 23, 2012
Dave’s tip on why spreadsheets don’t belong on slides was featured in The Globe and Mail here (January 23, 2012)
- The Globe and Mail Dec 19, 2011
Dave’s tip on reducing the detail in your presentation to avoid information overload was featured in The Globe and Mail here (December 19, 2011)
- Presentation Xpert Newsletter November 9, 2011
Dave’s article on making effective use of infographics on your slides was published in the Presentation Xpert newsletter here.
- John Bohannon TEDx Brussels Talk November 2011
Dave’s calculation of how much money is wasted each day by poor PowerPoint presentations was referenced by John Bohannon in his TEDx talk in Brussels. You can watch the video here.
- Presentation Xpert Newsletter July 7, 2011
Dave’s article on an alternative to video in a web presentation was published in the Presentation Xpert newsletter here.
- City AM newspaper (London, England) June 2, 2011
Five of Dave’s tips featured in this article in City AM in London England (June 2, 2011)
- The Globe and Mail Feb 22, 2011
Dave’s tip on how to use visuals instead of text slides was featured in The Globe And Mail here (Feb 22, 2011).
- “Boring to Bravo” book by Kristin Arnold
Dave wrote a callout on choosing colors for your slides for Kristin Arnold’s book “Boring to Bravo: Proven Presentation Techniques to Engage, Involve, and Inspire Your Audience to Action”. Order the book from Amazon.
- Slate.com article May 5, 2010
Dave’s survey on what annoys audiences about bad PowerPoint presentations was cited in this article on Slate.com (May 5, 2010)
- Interview on BBC Radio 5 on April 29, 2010
Dave interviewed on April 29, 2010 by BBC Radio 5 on the afternoon drive time show commenting on the “spaghetti” slide published in the New York Times and other media:click on this link to listen to the audio (MP3) BBC5 Interview Apr 29 2010
- Quoted by Rick Altman April 25, 2010
Rick, producer and host of The Presentation Summit conference, referred to my blog post about the backchannel and agreed with my perspective on this blog post.
- Interview with Dan Richards April 2010
Dave sat down with Dan Richards of Client Insights in mid-April 2010 for an interview on how financial advisors can communicate more clearly when they present: click here to watch the video
- Professionally Speaking TV March 15, 2010
Dave’s appearance on Randall Craig’s “Professionally Speaking TV” Internet TV show on March 15, 2010: click here to watch the video
- U of T Chemical Engineering magazine Spring 2010
Dave recognized in the University of Toronto Chemical Engineering magazine “Interfaces” in the Spring 2010 issue: click here to view the article
- The Globe and Mail January 11, 2010
Dave’s tip on handing off the presentation to another presenter was published in The Globe and Mail Report on Business January 11, 2010: click here to read it online
- International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association Digest Spring 2009
Results of Dave’s Annoying PowerPoint Survey were published in the Spring 2009 edition of the International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association Digest here.